A feng shui kitchen is vital for each and every home and that’s because a kitchen has got lot of fire energy associated with it. Now, it’s not a rocket science to know that only controlled fire is beneficial; an uncontrolled fire destroys anything and everything in its way; this even holds true for the “fire element” that kitchen has plenty of. This is one of the simplest – yes extremely important – reason to have a feng shui kitchen in a home.
Here's What You Are Going To Learn
Feng Shui Kitchen – What Is It?
To make you understand – in simple way – the meaning of feng shui kitchen, I want you to consider the words “feng shui” and “kitchen” separately and then I’ll combine both the terms.
Here’s what each of the term means:
Feng Shui: – It’s an ancient Chinese science of creating happiness and abundance by altering or modifying the movement of chi energy and by balancing the effect of elements and directions. You can read more about it @ Feng Shui. However, as per now, just understand that it’s the science that creates positivity and suppresses – or even destroys – negativity.
Kitchen: Kitchen is the place where healthy, nutritious and yummy food is cooked; the same food – once consumed – gives you and your family the energy and stamina for day-to-day chores. Furthermore, as said earlier, a kitchen has a lot of fire element involved and it’s always better to keep the “fire element” under control; this is why you must make it feng shui compliant.
Now, combine the two terms, i.e. “feng shui” and “kitchen”; what you’ll get is a feng shui kitchen; a kitchen that can – and has – all the ability in the world to ward off any – or all – negativity while, simultaneously, enhancing positive energy in your home. The same positive energy then spreads into your home making you and your family happier, healthier and optimistic and everything good that you can think of.
Hence, it’s important – and important I mean – to always have feng shui kitchen in your home.
Feng Shui Kitchen – How You Can Achieve It RIGHT NOW
Achieving a feng shui kitchen isn’t a herculean task; all you need to do is to read, understand and apply below mentioned kitchen tips (in dos and don’ts format) and you’re done in a jiffy.
So without any delay, let’s start learning kitchen tips.
Kitchen – 13 Tips You Must Follow
- Try to place the kitchen towards back door of the home.
- Keep the kitchen clean and uncluttered at all times.
- Keep the kitchen well lit and ventilated.
- Face east while cooking in kitchen.
- You can have windows in East or West walls of kitchen.
- Make sure to keep light weight things in East and North of kitchen.
- You can have a sink in North or North-East of kitchen.
- Keep the gas stove/burner a few inches away from wall.
- Keep at least 1-2 feet distance between stove/burner and kitchen sink. If there’s no option then place small plants (Available on Amazon US, IN, CA, UK, DE, ES, FR & IT), pot of herbs or something in green color between stove and sink. You can also place a green color decorative glass panel between stove and sink.
- Point 9 applies for refrigerators too; you must keep 1-2 feet distance between stove and refrigerator in kitchen.
- Repair all leaking taps and faucets in kitchen (or anywhere in your home) else that’ll drain away all money and wealth from the house.
- You can place a dining table in North-West or West of kitchen (if your kitchen is huge).
- Use yellow, orange, rose, chocolate or red as floor and wall colors of kitchen.
Kitchen – 14 Things to Avoid
- Avoid placing kitchen near front door of home.
- Avoid a kitchen at center of home.
- Never have a kitchen under a toilet. More on toilets @ feng shui toilet.
- Avoid kitchen directly under a bedroom. More about bedroom @ feng shui bedroom.
- Avoid keeping soiled utensils and platform overnight.
- Never have a kitchen in North-West of home; if there’s no option then paint the kitchen in blue or black color or change the floor tiles to black color.
- Never place the stove directly in front of kitchen’s entrance door.
- Never ever in any case keep gas stove/burner in North-West of kitchen.
- Avoid kitchen door facing a bedroom, toilet or main door of your home; if there’s no option then place a partition or a sort of screen such that the stove isn’t visible from other doors.
- Always avoid keeping gas stove under a beam; if there’s no option then make a false ceiling to solve this defect. Another – simpler and cost effective – remedy is to place or hang images of clouds, flying birds or a rising hot air balloon on the beam.
- Make sure that the cook doesn’t have his/her back towards the door of kitchen; if there’s no option then place a mirror in such a way that the cook can see the kitchen’s door while cooking. However, make sure that the stove’s flames aren’t reflected in that mirror. More on mirrors @ Feng Shui Mirror Placement
- Make sure not to place kitchen’s entrance in any corners.
- Never face west while cooking in kitchen; this may – and in many cases has – lead to severe health problems to the cook.
- If the cook faces south while cooking then the family faces monetary losses.
These were all the general guidelines that you must follow to have a feng shui compliant kitchen in your home.
Furthermore, in my article that discusses the relationship between colors and feng shui @ feng shui colors, you’ll get direction wise defects and their remedies about kitchen; hence it’s a MUST READ article after you’ve finished reading this one.
As said earlier, all you – now – need to do is to apply above mentioned kitchen tips and I’m sure that you’ll feel and appreciate all the positive changes that’ll happen in your life.
And yes, once the food is cooked, it’s usually consumed in the dining room or dining area of the home; hence another must read article for you is about dining room @ feng shui dining room.
Related and MUST READ articles:
- Feng Shui Colors – How they affect you and how to manage them
- Dining room feng shui – How to achieve it
If you liked the above information on feng shui kitchen then please share the same with others too.