Ah! The Lucky Feng Shui Bamboo plant; I’m sure you’ve seen them. They’re everywhere. You might have noticed them at restaurants, shops, hotels, business places, your friend’s home etc.
They’re small – and really cute looking – plants kept in a vase (glass or metal one).
Below is an image of one of them.
Now, since ages, the bamboo plant (aka Lucky Bamboo Plant) is used as a powerful tool to attract abundance, prosperity & better health (more about this & how to do it is discussed later in the article).
But, at this time, I want you to understand – in fact fully understand – the concept behind the lucky bamboo plant in feng shui.
So, with that in mind, just read the next section of this article to understand why the bamboo plant is considered lucky in feng shui.
Note: If you’re planning – or want – to feng shui your complete home then please head over to my article @ Feng Shui for House (Room by Room Guide).
Why Lucky Bamboo Is Considered so Lucky?
Why the lucky bamboo is called lucky bamboo and not just the bamboo plant?
Now, there are 2 things that make the bamboo plant the “Lucky Bamboo” plant in feng shui. Here’re those 2 reasons:
- It’s hollow from inside: The hollow (pipe like) structure of the plant helps in the movement of Chi (“Qi”) energy. Thus, bamboo plant helps movement of positive energy in turn generating more abundance & prosperity.
- It’s hollow from inside (again): Oh Yes! The same reason again. The hollow structure of the plant gives us a BIG lesson of wisdom to let the positive energy flow from within to the world outside. Thus, calming your mind & helping you to focus better.
Is Bamboo plant related to the 5 elements?
The one word answer is “YES”. The lucky bamboo is 100% related to all the 5 elements on which feng shui is based upon.
- Wood: The bamboo plant symbolizes wood element.
- Water: We need to timely fill the vase with water, hence water element is embodied.
- Earth: Rock, pebbles, clay stones in the vase represent the Earth element.
- Fire: There’s always a red ribbon tied to the vase or plant itself. Red represents fire.
- Metal: Usually a metal coin is tied with the red ribbon or there’s a metal coin with in the vase; thus metal element is also covered.
All in all, it’s for certain that the lucky bamboo is 100% related to all the 5 elements.
Now, all this, in no way means that you can place the bamboo plant anywhere in your home. There’re some feng shui rules for lucky bamboo placement that we’ve discussed in the next section of this article. So, just read on!
The Best & Lucky Placement for Feng Shui Bamboo Plant
Much like anything else in feng shui, the placement of lucky bamboo plant too is crucial. Crucial because, if placed correctly, the lucky bamboo plant can really – and I mean it – helps attract tons and tons of positive energy in the house.
Having said that, here’re 2 vital areas where you can locate or place the feng shui lucky bamboo plant:
- East: When placed in East, the lucky bamboo plant helps attract awesome health for family members.
- South-East (SE): SE is the zone of money & wealth. Hence, a bamboo plant here will help strengthen the finance & bring in more money in to the family. More on Wealth attraction via feng shui @ Feng Shui To Attract Money
Caring for Feng Shui Bamboo Plant – Here’s How to Keep Them Healthy
Alright, so taking care of the lucky bamboo plant in your home isn’t a tough job. They need very less care but you need to make sure that you’re doing a few things and avoiding others.
Below is a list of thing that you need to do and avoid while taking care of bamboo plants in your home or office.
Lucky Bamboo Plant Care – What to Follow (8 Tips)
- Choose a vase that’s at least 2 inches wider than the plant.
- Adorn the vase with polished stones & pebbles. Apart from making the vase attractive, these stones will help keep the bamboo plant straight.
- Keep the plant inside your home.
- Lucky bamboo loves filtered or distilled water. If that’s not possible, then try using as much clean water as you can.
- If you notice the leaves turning yellow then let the water sit for whole night before using.
- Cut yellow leaves immediately.
- Replace the water at least once in 15 days.
- Love them & they’ll shower love on you.
Lucky Bamboo Plant Care – What to Avoid (4 Tips)
- Never over water the plant.
- Never under water the plant.
- Bamboo hates direct (too strong) sunlight; hence it’s to be avoided.
- Avoid clutter, dust, dirt and anything negative near the plant.
Number of Stalks in Lucky Bamboo & Their Significance (Which one’s the best for you)
As we’ve read – and understood – earlier that a bamboo plant is a positivity generating tool; but there’s something more than just keeping the plant in your home and reaping the benefits.
If you’ve noticed (bamboo plants) you’d have seen many stalks bunched together and kept neatly – and attractively – in a vase.
The reason for bunching a number of stalks together is to enhance the positive energy generating capacity of the bamboo plant.
Now, as per feng shui, different number of stalks in a bamboo plant represents different things.
Below, you’ll find descriptive information about what each number of stalks signifies.
- One Stalk (aka Lucky Log): This is a single log bamboo plant. The log – mostly – has no roots but still manages to grow leaves. This type of (single log) plant signifies growth and is especially popular – as gifts – amongst business people. There’re some varieties of such plants that can produce awesome fragrant and beautiful looking white flowers.
- Two Stalks: The two stalk bamboo plant is believed to double the luck and is often associated with love. It’s an ideal gift for lovers.
- Three Stalks: If you’re looking for happiness, long life and prosperity then the three stalk bamboo plant is the one for you. It’s – without a doubt – the most common too!
- Four Stalks: If there’s ever a bamboo plant to avoid like a plague then it’s the four stalk one. The four stalked plant represents death wish and hence you’d never notice it anywhere. Furthermore, gifting a four stalk bamboo is – obviously – considered very offensive.
- Five Stalks: The 5 stalked lucky bamboo enriches the 5 major areas of your life i.e. emotions, intuition, mental, physical and spiritual. This is the one that you need to have in your home if you wish healthy body, mind, career and finance.
- Six Stalks: 6 stalk bamboo is believed to attract luck, prosperity and golden opportunities to attain wealth and money.
- Seven Stalks: If health is what you’re going after then the 7 stalk bamboo plant is ideal for you.
- Eight Stalks: The eight in Chinese sounds like growth and thus the 8 stalks bamboo plant is considered auspicious for growth. It’s also considered lucky for wanna be parents and is believed to improve fertility.
- Nine Stalks: It symbolizes good luck and blessings to the receiver.
- Ten Stalks: This one’s like wishing someone to be very happy and satisfied in their life. The giver wishes the receiver gets everything just the way he/she desires.
- Twenty-One Stalks: This is the most powerful bamboo plant of all. It signifies that all the most awesome wishes are yours and that too in one of the most profound manner. The giver wishes you tremendous wealth, health & abundance.
WARNING: The only one that you need to avoid is the 4 Stalk Bamboo Plant!
Where You Can Buy Lucky Bamboo Plants From?
And that’s all there is to when it comes to Lucky Bamboo Plant Feng Shui.
I hope – and believe – that you liked the information presented above and you’ll be benefited by it.
Please do share it!