Water fountains are auspicious in Feng Shui and here’s the reason why.
Water has the ability to collect or pool Qi energy and this ability of water makes a fountain auspicious.
Here, I assume that you’re aware of feng shui and it’s principles. If – by any chance – you aren’t then please head over to the article @ Feng Shui (What Is It?) to understand feng shui basics.
Now, it’s for sure that you’ve seen water fountains at various beautiful places. They’re at parks, near many hotel entrances, celebrity houses and many more to mention.
Also, water fountains – usually – makes people relax, smile and many times forget their problems.
Not only this, you’ll – unsurprisingly – see smiling faces near a beautiful fountain. I see them! Always! Have you? I bet you answered YES!
Just sit back and think for a moment why & how a water fountain can have such a profound effect on people around it. It’s because “Qi” energy gets collected and pooled with water. The “peacefully” moving water of a fountain distributes “Qi” around it. Thus you – and everyone else – around the fountain feel awesome.
But, as with everything else, correct location or placement of water fountain is critical. A correctly placed water fountain is a powerful positive energy generating (and attracting) tool. An incorrectly placed one has opposite impact.
Hence, you’ve got to place the water fountain as per feng shui rules to reap the benefits of it. The next section of the article is dedicated to just that, so, read on!
Water Fountain Placement – What’s The Best One?
As said earlier, a correctly placed water fountain attracts and enhances positive energy. This positive energy then enters your home impacting you & your family in – obviously – positive ways.
As a result, everything around you and your family starts to look good. You start attracting better opportunities at work, excelling your career. Wealth & abundance starts to pour in miraculous ways you may’ve never imagined.
Alright, now it’s not hard to understand the impacts of incorrectly placed water fountain. It’s – certainly – going to take away anything and everything positive from your life. Wealth, health, prosperity, love and much more, just flushes away. And that’s what we – for sure – don’t want to happen.
Hence you need to make sure to follow feng shui rules for water fountain placement.
Below, I’ve listed feng shui water fountain placement rules in do’s & don’ts format. Do read and apply them to the fountain in your home.
Water Fountain Feng Shui – What to Follow (10 Tips)
- Place the fountain in front of the entrance of the house.
- If it’s not possible to keep the fountain outside, then you can keep it inside.
- Make sure the water’s flowing towards the house.
- For excelling in career place the fountain in North.
- Placing in East is best for health.
- South-East (SE) placement helps attract wealth and money.
- The fountain must always be flowing & not still (except for times of maintenance)
- Use distilled or filtered water to prevent pump damage.
- Locate the fountain such that you don’t hear it in your bedroom.
- Water should flow freely without obstacles.
Water Fountain Feng Shui – What to Avoid (11 Tips)
- Never keep 2 water fountains at entrance. It’ll bring in negative results.
- Water flowing away from home symbolizes money & wealth leaving the house.
- Don’t place water fountain in South of your home. South is fire.
- Water fountain in bedroom is a no no.
- Avoid fountains under bedroom. Sleeping over water isn’t good.
- No fountains in kitchen.
- No fountain in bathrooms too.
- No fountains under staircases.
- Avoid broken fountains
- No clutter
- The fountain shouldn’t block the entrance.
That’s all you need to take care while placing a water fountain, as per feng shui, in your home or office.
But, there’s one more thing you need to keep in mind. Not while placing the fountain, but while buying one. And that’s the material used to make water fountain. I’ve discussed this in detail in the next section of the article, so just read on!
What Water Fountain Material Is the Best?
You might know that Feng Shui is based on 5 elements; namely, water, fire, metal, earth and wood. Also, these elements are related to each other via enhancing, reducing and destructive cycles. More information about element cycle and relation @ Feng Shui Elements & Relation amongst them.
But for now, here’s an image that’ll suffice. Do have a look at it (we’ll need this later)
Below is a list of commonly used materials for water fountains:
- Rock or stone
Now, since there’s a lot of water in a fountain, you need to choose the material that supports or even enhances water.
Here’re some tips for choosing a good water fountain:
- Metallic water fountains are best. Metal enhances water (from the image above)
- Add some coins to earthen water fountain. Metal enhances water.
- Adding coins to wooden fountains is good too. Wood reduces water and metallic coins will enhance water energy.
Having understood best materials for water fountain, let’s move to next section of article. The next section discusses the type or style of fountain that you should be choosing.
What Types or Style of Water Fountain Is The Best?
The market is flooded with myriad varieties of water fountains. They vary in styles, shapes, size etc. Some are really simple, some sophisticated and some even funny. But the BIG QUESTION here is which one’s the best?
Well, there’s no particular answer to this question. You’re free to buy which ever you feel will look good in your home. It’s really all up to you, your taste and your home designer (if you’ve one).
There’s nothing like correctly styled fountain or incorrect styled one. Just make sure that it really resonates with you and your home well.
However, here’re a few things that you need to – and should – keep in mind while buying a water fountain:
- Never buy fountain that depicts negative feelings. E.g. water flowing as tears or skeleton shaped ones.
- Never buy fountains that have sharp edges (type of poison arrows).
- The size of the fountain shouldn’t be too big to block the entrance of the home.
- The water should flow gently and not rushing.
- It should be easy to clean & maintain.
- Should be a good quality one!
Where Can You Buy Good Water Fountains From?
Here’re some very good online places you can order fountains from:
With all this, we’ve come to the end of this article about water fountains in feng shui.
As you’ve read this far, I believe that you really liked the information above.
If you did, then please share it!